Kled Gaeow Wreck Diving
• HTMS Kled Gaeow entered service with the Thai Navy in 1956 as an auxiliary vessel, servicing the needs of other Thai naval vessels for 60 years.
• Built in 1948 at the Pusnes Mechanical Workshop, Norway.
• The Kled Gaeow is purposely sunk on the 19th of March 2014 and is just 25 minutes from the island. This 48 meter wreck is a great dive with Nurse sharks and schools of yellow snapper just some of the highlights. The top of the wreck is at 16 meters and bottoms out at 26 meters, suitable for advanced open water dives or higher
• For this dive we have15 liter tanks(no extra charge) if you use a lot of air and also Nitrox tanks for certified Nitrox divers.
• Maximum of two buddy teams to each dive guide, dive groups are organised on experience and certification level.
• Equipment rental, dive computer, dive guide, lunch and drinks are included in the price.Itinerary
• The Kled Gaeow was sunk on the 19th of March 2014 - the ship has a length of 47 meters and measures 7.7 meters across. The trip involves 1 dive on the wreck and the 2nd on a nearby reef. The dive depth is between 16 and 26 meters. She is already sporting nurse sharks, lion fish and big schools of snapper.
• Commonly seen wildlife on the wreck and nearby reef includes black tip reef sharks, turtles, lion fish, barracudas, moray eels, schools of yellow snapper, puffer fish, trigger fish, lobsters, shrimp and nudibranchs.
• We dive from our two custom built dive boats. The boats are equipped with sun decks, toilets, showers, dry areas and dive decks.
• We run these trips with a maximum ratio of 4 customers to 1 instructor. The groups are organised based on experience and certification level.
• Each dive is up to 1 hour long with a lunch break on the boat between the dives.
• The equipment includes a choice of short or long suit, 5mm boots to prevent blisters, fins, mask(regular, large face, small face and prescription masks are available), regulator and BCD. We have tea, coffee, drinking water, fruit and lunch on the boat to keep you refreshed.
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability"
"Not wheelchair accessible"
"Near public transportation"
"Not recommended for travelers with back problems"
"Not recommended for pregnant travelers"
"No heart problems or other serious medical conditions"
"For the morning dives you must check in the day before (Before 9pm) to complete the dive trip paperwork and check equipment sizes."
"You need to be staying at least one night on the island to be able to dive with us."
"A break of 24 hours is required between finishing the dives and flying."
"Pick up from other parts of the island is not possible, it is recommended that you stay in Tonsai Bay (the main village on Phi Phi)."
"You need to be certified to dive below 18 meters. If you have not dived for 12+ months a check out dive on the local reefs is required before diving the wreck."
"Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level"
"This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund"
"This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund"
"This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers"
Horário de Início:
6/7/2019 - 10/2/2021
Duração: 5 Hours
Ponto de partida:
|Monday - Sunday:||07:30 AM - 12:30 PM|
Phi Phi Barakuda Scuba - Dive Center, Diving Phi Phi Island, 84, Moo 7, T, ตำบล อ่าวนาง อำเภอเมืองกระบี่ กระบี่ 81210, Thailand
Cancelamentos e reembolsos:
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.