Arnhem Land Injalak Hill Full-Day Tour from Jabiru
• Small groups of up to 17 guests in an air-conditioned vehicle on this full day adventure in Arnhem land. Visitors experience a fascinating mixture of traditional and living culture.
• Tour includes Arnhem Land entry permits and royalties to enter Aboriginal lands
• From the small township of Jabiru, head north over Cahills Crossing and into Arnhem Land. A short drive further on you reach the Injalak Arts Centre where you collect your local Aboriginal guide and head out to Injalak Hill to begin a walk. The local guide will expertly lead the group along and up the rocky escarpment, imparting some valuable stories and insight into the Aboriginal way of life and the ancient rock art that adorns the rocks. Settle under a rock (in the shade) and have a picnic lunch whilst looking out over the flood plains and rocky escarpment, the breathtaking scenery that is Arnhem Land.
• Mid afternoon, cool off in the vehicle whilst being transported back across Cahills crossing to the Injalak Arts Centre. Here you have the opportunity to watch the local Aboriginal artists at work, painting and weaving pandanus baskets, and you are more than welcome to purchase any art items as a souvenir. Afternoon tea will be served at the Arts Centre.
• Sit back in the air conditioned bus and enjoy the landscape as we transport you back to you hotel/accommodation in Jabiru.Please Note: Access to Arnhem Land is by invitation by the local Aboriginal people, and the traditional owners may deny access at any time.
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking"
"Not wheelchair accessible"
"Children must be accompanied by an adult"
"Not recommended for child aged 7 and under"
"What to bring:"
"Sturdy walking shoes or boots"
"At least 1 litre of bottled water (iced water is available)"
"Sunscreen and a hat"
"Light, comfortable clothing"
"Medications and other personal requirements"
"Money to spend at the Injalak Arts and Crafts Centre"
"A sense of adventure!"
"No heart problems or other serious medical conditions"
"Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level"
"This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate"
Horário de Início:
Duração: 7 Hours 30 Minutes
Ponto de partida:
Cancelamentos e reembolsos:
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.