Munich Public Walking Tour
Start Time: 10:30 am
Maximum 25 participants per Guide
You will learn about:
• Love affair of King Ludwig I and Lola Montez
• King Ludwig II and Richard Wagner
• Hitler and Third Reich
• “White Rose”, the underground resistance movement founded by students of Munich
• Georg Elser, a carpenter who tried to kill Hitler with a bomb installed in Bierhall to prevent the breakout of WWII
• How the Devil lent a “helping foot” for the construction of Munich’s Cathedral
• History of Beer
• How Munich was founded
• Albert Einstein, Thomas Mann, Lenin, Rilke, Kandinsky, Heine, and many other famous people who lived in Munich.
• The great Empress Sissi and how the Bavarian royalty grew up in Munich until she married the Austrian emperor in Vienna. Itinerary
This is a typical itinerary for this productStop At:
Marienplatz 1, 80331 Munich, Bavaria Germany
Learn about Mary's Column, that gave its name to the square; the Old- and New Town hall, and the famous “Glockenspiel” (clock tower). With its 43 bells and 32 figures, the Clock Tower is one of the most well known Munich attractions. Listen to your guide’s story about two historical events performed by the wooden figurines at fixed hours.Within a step away, you will reach the oldest catholic church of the city, St. Peter. Afterwards make sure to get a good view of the double towers of the cathedral Frauenkirche, the largest church in Munich, with the “footprint of the devil” and with a dark legend surrounding it. Follow your guide to Odeonsplatz, learn about the Beer-Hall- Putsch and listen to the story of a tumultuous night when two thousand men, lead by Adolf Hitler, marched to the centre of Munich trying to seize power. Pass by the baroque Theatine Church, built by the Elector of Bavaria, Ferdinand Maria and his wife as a thank you gesture for the birth of the long-awaited heir to the Bavarian crown, Prince Max Emanuel. You’ll also see Ludwigstrasse, a neo-classical styled street, where the State Library, the oldest university of Munich and the Gate of Victory are located. Go back towards the center to Max-Joseph- Square, enjoy the view of the Opera, the National Theater, and the Royal Palace, the Residence, the former palace of the Bavarian monarchs and the largest palace in all of Germany. Arrive at the royal brewery, the Hofbrauhaus established in 1589 and considered to be the mothership of all beer halls in the world. Visit Viktualienmarkt, a public food market, which offers fresh local products.
Duration: 2 hours
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking"
"This walk tour suitable for any age"
"For this walk tour no transportation needed"
"Activity Level: Easy"
"This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate"
Horário de Início:
Duração: 2 Hours
Ponto de partida:
Marienplatz, München, Germany
Cancelamentos e reembolsos:
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.