Puglia Cooking class "Le orecchiette, che pasta!"
An experience to live our traditions and know the origins of our cuisine in the typical Apulia buildings: i trulli surrounded by a peaceful nature.
The art of making the orecchiette (our traditional pasta) is part of a ritual made also of soil and wind, a time in the countryside, slowly spent for preparing our lunch collecting wild herbs, fruits, tomatoes, melons and all that our organic garden seasonaly produce.The same slow time lived by our grandmothers to prepare the daily lunch for all the family.
At home, a pastry board, the flour and the wind will be the simple ingredients to make our Orecchiette. We will learn to do this particular pasta, its variations and many other secrets will be revealed. We will then partecipate to prepare meat sauce, vegetables and cheese and all necessary for lunch. We will taste all our preparations.
The cooking class begins normally at 10.00 in our 5 cones Trulli as meeting point.
The activity is made outside and we will teach you how to produce Apulian typical pasta, the orecchiette and to cook a typical menù. We also include an aperitif and a little tour about our traditions, countryside and typical biuldings, the Trulli where we live, and finally a lunch based on meat (as per tradition). A vegetarian solution it's available.
We provide all necessary for the class.
• Lunch is composed by an aperitif, a first course based on the self-made orecchiette with meat- or vegetables sauce (on request), second course of meat, seasonal vegetables, fruit and Italian coffee.
• Pls note that following an organic and traditional cultivation, also ingredients for lunch may be different depending on season. Please report any food requirements in advance. We are available to personalize your cooking class: particular flours (like gluten free) or vegetarian, pescatarian, vegan menu.
Duration: 4,5 hours, comprehensive of lunch.
Children and Infant are welcome.
meeting point: by car - GPS coordinates: 40.654596, 17.502971Stop At:
• Valle d’itria e Dintorni, Cisternino Italy
• I Trulli di Alberobello - World Heritage Site, Alberobello ItalySample Menu
• La Frisa - A typical food of Puglia that you can't find in a restaurant.
• Orecchiette con Braciole - The typical menù prepared with the Orecchiette.
During autumn and winter we propose "Orecchiette con cime di rapa".
• Orecchiette with sauce - Alternative to meat menu for vegetarians and vegans. It can prepared with vegetables too depending on your preferences and the season.
• Braciole - a typical rolled veal or pork meat cooked into the sauce that we will prepare all togheter.
• Vegetables and appetizers - Seasonal vegetables as contour.
• Fruit - Seasonal and organic fruit
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking"
"Children must be accompanied by an adult"
"Dress code is smart casual"
"Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking"
"Vegetarian, vegan, pascatarian options are available, please advise at time of booking if required"
"A minimum of 2 people per booking is required"
"Near public transportation"
"Transportation is wheelchair accessible"
"This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers"
"Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff"
"Social distancing enforced throughout experience"
"Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas"
"Gear/equipment sanitized between use"
"Guides required to regularly wash hands"
Duração: 4 Hours 30 Minutes
Ponto de partida:
Nord Salento Tour, via Padula del Cimitero, sn, 72013 Ceglie Messapica BR, Italy
Cancelamentos e reembolsos:
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.