Japanese Taiko Drum Experience on the Boat （阿武隈ライン舟下り）Japan Experience
”Peaceful boat ride enjoying traditional Japanese drums and beautiful nature"
Marumori town in Miyagi prefecture is called the "Town of Water and Green" because it is blessed with spectacular mountains and streams.
Our special program is unique and one of its kind in Japan and possibly in the world. Board the boat and set sail down the Abukuma River, enjoying the beautiful scenery as you experience the powerful performance by the "Marumori Tabi Daiko" team, a local professional Japanese drumming team that uses traditional taiko drums.
Each and every drummer performs with all their heart, sending positive vibes wishing peace and happiness for all mankind. Why not join this tour and feel their passion firsthand!
After the performance, the team members will teach you how to play the taiko drum, and teach you a simple song to perform.Itinerary
Tohoku's second largest river, The Abukuma river, has been used for a long period of time to transport goods In the olden days, starting with transporting the annual rice tax, once Japan entered the Meiji era, it started transporting wooden and stone materials such as firewood, this continued until the Shouwa era The ones who are keeping the story of this alive are Abukuma Line Funakudari company.
During this activity, you will ride a boat on the Abukuma River. While enjoying the natural scenery, a performer from Marumori's Tabi Daiko taiko drumming group will perform a song for you. Then they will teach you how to beat the traditional taiko drum, and teach you a simple song. Then you will get to perform the song. If you want, we will record you on your phone/camera so you can have a memory to take home with you.
There will also be an introduction to some interesting spots along the river.Stop At:
• Abukuma River, Marumori-machi, Igu-gun 981-2171 Miyagi Prefecture
"Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability"
"Not wheelchair accessible"
"Near public transportation"
"Infant seats available"
"Not recommended for pregnant travelers"
"No heart problems or other serious medical conditions"
"Most travelers can participate"
"This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund"
"This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate"
Duração: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Ponto de partida:
Shimotaki, Marumori, Igu District, Miyagi, Japan
Traveler pickup is offered
The pickup location is Marumori Station.
* If you are travelling by train from Sendai station, please follow directions below to get to Marumori station.
(1) 8:23am Depart from JR Sendai Station via the "Tohoku Line" train bound for Shiroishi. Make sure to buy a paper ticket for the Abukuma Line station Marumori (910 yen/adult), since the Abukuma Line does not accept payment by cards.
(2) 8:49am Arrive at Tsukinoki station. Get off at "Tsukinoki Station" but do not exit the station. Instead, go up the stairs and head to the opposite platform to the parked Abukuma Express Line train (push the button to open the door if needed).
(3) 8:54am Depart Tsukinoki station via "Abukuma Express Line" bound for Marumori.
(4) 9:16am Arrive- Marumori station
(5) Please call us and one of our staff will come and pick you up.
** Please Note
SUICA cards, PASMO cards, and other electronic forms of travel payment are not accepted by the Abukuma Line. Please make sure you purchase a paper ticket at Sendai station (910 yen/adult).
Please give your ticket to the staff at Marumori station after you get off the train.
Cancelamentos e reembolsos:
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.