7 hours Private Tour at Hamburg and Lubeck
This tour is designed to help you get to know Lübeck.
We begin in Hamburg, where you will explore the Town Hall, Deichstrasse and its iconic ‘Kontor’ buildings, the St Nikolai Church, the Trost Bridge, the UNESCO-listed Speicherstadt, and the modern architectural splendour of the Elbphilharmonie.
Then we will drive to Lübeck and explore the North Sea city of German literary giants Thomas Mann and Günther Grass. You will walk through the Holsten Gate, slumping under its own weight – forgivable, considering it is over 500 years old.
Next we cross over the old city walls to explore the Old Town. You will visit the city’s former economic epicentre at the Old Salt Storehouses, admire the architectural grandeur of St. Peter’s Church and also the imposing Town Hall overlooking the city’s marketplace.
Finally you will have the chance to marvel at the ‘mother of brick Gothic architecture’ – St. Mary’s Church.
We’ll take a break for shopping and refreshments before returning to Hamburg.Itinerary
Hamburg & Lubeck
Route Duration: 7 hours
Stops on the Hamburg & Lubeck:
- Hamburg - You will be met at your hotel by a professional, local guide and a driver with a private vehicle.
- Town Hall Market - First we head to the heart of Hamburg and to the stunning, sky-scraping, neo-renaissance Town Hall.
- Deichstraße - Next we witness where the Great Fire of 1842 started and see Hamburg’s iconic ‘Kontor building’s.
- St. Nicholas' Church - Moving on we stop to admire one of the finest examples of north German, neo-gothic architecture, and witness the devastation caused by Allied bombing raids in WWII.
- Trostbrücke - As we continue into the heart of the medieval city we cross one of Hamburg’s myriad canals using the oldest bridge in the city.
- Speicherstadt - Next we explore the city’s first UNESCO-listed World Heritage Site and the largest warehouse district in the world.
- HADAG Elbphilharmonie - We then visit Hamburg’s state-of-the-art concert hall – a true modern architectural gem and one of the most acoustically advanced concert halls on the planet.
- Lübeck - After a short break it’s time to head to the North Sea city of German literary giants Thomas Mann and Günther Grass. The drive takes between 1 and 1.5 hours
- Museum Holstentor - Upon our arrival our first stop is Lübeck’s most iconic monument – the colossal red-brick city gate slumping under its own impressive weight.
- Salzspeicher - Entering the Old Town we stop first at the six historic buildings, built between the 16th and 18th centuries, in which salt mined in nearby Lüneberg was stored.
- St. Peter's Church - Next we take in some of the finest views of Lübeck, climbing the tower of this gothic hall church turned exhibition and events center.
- Breite Straße - Next we bathe in the splendour of one of the most beautiful pieces of town hall architecture in all of Germany.
- Marienkirche - At our final stop we pay tribute to the ‘mother’ of northern German brick gothic architecture.
- Hamburg - You will then be driven back to Hamburg and dropped off at your hotel.
Attractions on the Hamburg & Lubeck:
Operates: Visit Hamburg's essential highlights and then get to know another of Germany's Baltic gems: Lübeck – the red-brick gothic city of the Hansa.
"Not wheelchair accessible"
"Service animals allowed"
"Near public transportation"
"Infants must sit on laps"
"Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level"
"This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund"
"Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability"
Duração: 7 Hours
Ponto de partida:
You may start this tour at any of the stops listed.
Cancelamentos e reembolsos:
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.