Portland: Land, Sea, to Fork Food Tour
Maine Food for Thought - Winner of the World Food Travel Association's 2019 Award for "Best Food or Beverage Experience" globally. On the Land, Sea, to Fork Tour, "Taste Maine's Bounty and Explore the Story Behind the Plate." This walking culinary tour of Portland's historic Old Port waterfront district is more than a sampling of delicious seasonal bites. Through a series of locally sourced and harvested dishes from nationally-acclaimed restaurants, you'll learn how Maine's people, environment, and economy interact to shape a celebrated food destination.Itinerary
This is a typical itinerary for this productStop At:
Maine Food for Thought Tours, 390 Congress St At UNION Restaurant, Portland, ME 04101
-Enjoy Seasonal Dishes From Portland's World-Class Restaurants and Discover the Story Behind the Plate
-Featured in The New York Times, The Boston Globe, Forbes and Yankee Magazine
-Make the most of your experience - enjoy five tastings of locally, sustainably and responsibly sourced food, where each restaurant stop unveils a new dimension of the Maine food system.
- An authentic experience - discover how Maine’s people, environment, and economy interact to shape a celebrated food destination.
• Be entertained by our knowledgeable and passionate local guides eager to satisfy your appetite for all things related to Maine food.
• Tours run Tuesday - Saturday, 11:00am - 1:45pm
• Tour takes place in rain, snow or shine. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes for walking.
• Small tour groups of no more than 14 guests and the tour is best for adults and older children.
• About 1 mile of easy walking.
• The tour is designed to showcase the Maine food system. We have carefully selected food tastings in partnership with our restaurants that reflect the uniqueness of our area and its’ food scene, and these selections often include seafood, wheat, and dairy products. We can accommodate vegetarian/no shellfish/no nuts/no pine nut seed diets at our stops. We must be notified in advance to accommodate any of these dietary restrictions. Please understand that we have limited tastings that meet other dietary restrictions.
Our restaurant partners tell the story of the Maine food system through their menus; each is unique and each is rich in local ingredients. Restaurants visited:
EVO Kitchen + Bar - cooks contemporary Mediterranean and Middle Eastern inspired food using local, seasonal ingredients.
Luke's Lobster - Luke’s Lobster at Portland Pier offers guests sustainable seafood caught right in Casco Bay and landed at Luke's Lobster - has an adjacent wharf, where guests can see lobstermen unload their catch daily. Luke’s Lobster is a third generation seafood company and restaurant group dedicated to serving the best tasting seafood, transparently sourced from fishermen who are committed to sustainability.
Piccolo - a restaurant where everything is made with the best local produce, ﬁsh, meat, and the ﬁnest imported Italian ingredients.
Solo Italiano - represents truly authentic, Italian cuisine. All components are prepared by hand and are fresh from the farm and sea.
UNION - UNION's name represents the restaurant’s relationship with the community – the local farmers, ﬁshermen, brewers and craftsmen that create the uniquely Portland experience.
Duration: 30 minutesStop At:
Evo Kitchen + Bar, 443 Fore St, Portland, ME 04101, USA
Duration: 20 minutesStop At:
Solo Italiano, 100 Commercial St, Portland, ME 04101, USA
Duration: 30 minutesStop At:
Luke's Lobster Portland Pier, 60 Portland Pier, Portland, ME 04101, USA
Duration: 30 minutes
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking"
"Not wheelchair accessible"
"The meeting location is UNION Restaurant, 390 Congress Street. Please enter the restaurant at the Congress Street doors and your guide will meet you just inside the restaurant. If you are driving, there is a $3 an hour, or $16 a day, public parking lot nearby - Top of the Old Port Parking, 119 Pearl Street, Portland. Please note that this lot is cash only. There is another lot at 385 Congress Street that takes debit/credit cards. Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to ensure a prompt tour start at 11:00am."
"Adult pricing applies to all travelers"
"We can accommodate the following dietary restrictions: Vegetarian; No Pine Nut Seeds; No Nuts; and/or a Shellfish Allergy. We must be advised though at time of booking."
"A total of one mile of walking is involved"
"Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately"
"Near public transportation"
"Infants must sit on laps"
"Most travelers can participate"
"This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers"
Horário de Início:
Duração: 2 Hours 45 Minutes
Ponto de partida:
UNION Restaurant, 390 Congress St, Portland, ME 04103, USA
Cancelamentos e reembolsos:
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.