Hiking Adventure to Chicaque National Park, Cloud & Oak Forests—Birdwatching
Did you know that Colombia holds the vastest biodiversity of birds in the world? There are over 1900 species. Just imagine their home!
✓ Enjoy a thoroughly designed-all-included tour to Chicaque National Park with a savvy ornithologist guide that lets you in on its fascinating details regarding the Colombian biodiversity. Take in the distinct beauty of the landscape as you hear in-depth commentary on the fauna and flora living there.
Spot some of the +200 hundred species of endemic and migratory birds that can be found here, as you hike through the numerous ecological trails that cross streams and water sources, cloud and Oak forests—where you can practice tree climbing and zip-line—and so much more!Itinerary
This is a typical itinerary for this productStop At:
Parque Natural Chicaque, Km 8 de la variante La Mesa- Soachao, Chicaque, San Antonio del Tequendama 250057 Colombia
(1) After picking you up at 7 a.m, listen as your guide allows you insights into Colombian history and culture while enjoying the scenery of the Bogotanian countryside.
(2) Upon arriving at Chicaque, try some typical snacks, and do some stretching exercises. Hike through nature trails as you gaze at the distinct beauty of the scenery while listening to your ornithologist-guide share in-depth insights into the landscape.
(3) Spot as many birds as you can—toucans, hummingbirds, turkeys, and many more. Also, look out for mammals such as wild cats, armadillos, sloth bears, and funny little monkeys. Besides, 98% of amphibians in the Colombian mountain ranges are endemic. See if you can spot some of these little friends too!
(4) Practice tree climbing and enjoy the unique views as you fly through the forest in the zip-line.
(5) Enjoy the Colombian cuisine—complimentary lunch—in the middle of a cloud forest.
(6) As you go back to the starting point, learn about endangered vegetation and exotic flowers—17 species of orchids.
(7) On the way back to Bogota, listen to your guide as he/she shares curious facts about Colombian history and culture. Finally, we will leave you in the comfort of your hotel in the afternoon hours—or the El Dorado international airport.
Duration: 7 hours
"Confirmation will be received at time of booking"
"Not wheelchair accessible"
"No age restriction"
"May be operated by a multi-lingual guide"
"Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required"
"A minimum of 2 people per booking is required"
"Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants"
"Infants must sit on laps"
"Not recommended for travelers with back problems"
"Not recommended for pregnant travelers"
"No heart problems or other serious medical conditions"
"Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level"
"This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers"
"Face masks required for travelers in public areas"
"Face masks required for guides in public areas"
"Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff"
"Social distancing enforced throughout experience"
"Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas"
"Gear/equipment sanitized between use"
"Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized"
"Guides required to regularly wash hands"
"Regular temperature checks for staff"
"Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival"
"Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons"
"For Parche Cachaco Tours, it is crucial to have an excellent relationship with its travelers. Therefore, we are doing everything we can to provide a fun yet safe experience for you."
Horário de Início:
Duração: 9 To 10 Hours
Ponto de partida:
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from most hotels in Bogota and the International Airport. Please provide pickup details upon booking. Times are subject to local traffic conditions and hotel location.Airports
Cancelamentos e reembolsos:
- Eldorado Airport, Bogota Colombia
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.